Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Flop: Inter State Horticulture Fair 2010 Bangalore

It was Sunday morning and I was browsing internet for some events happening in Bangalore. Interestingly I came across an event called Inter State Horticulture Fair, It sounded a big event and big idea to me. It was happening in Lalbagh, largest garden in Bangalore. Suddenly few imaginary pictures came to my mind, I could see lots of people, lots of stalls, knowledge sharing and real life case studies of the exemplary innovations and ideas.

I quickly got up, took bath (uff so early), got ready, took my EOS DSLR 500D and started for Lalbagh. I reached Lalbagh with lots of expectations. I went inside, it was a pleasant weather and I started looking for the fair. There were lots of people in Lalbagh, probably a sign of a big fair inside. After roaming for half n hour, I got to see the fair. Guess what, I was totally shocked to see the scale of the fair.

There were not more than 25 shops, and it was more looking like a vegetable or fruit market than a fair, a total flop.

What I believe should have been there are following:
1. Knowledge Sharing (Cross Fertilization): As it is inter state, there should have been knowledge sharing sessions explaining the processes depending upon the climate conditions. Every state has their own strengths and lots of knowledge to share.
2. Case studies of some innovative examples: Case studies of the some of the innovative methods/ideas should have been there.
3. Promotion of Organically Grown Fruits / Vegetables: There should have been demonstrations of the benefits of organically grown fruits / vegetables and how to increase the scale of production via organic way.

Well my total trip was not flop, I took some pictures of the wonders, 20 million tree fossil (Have you seen anything that is 20 million years old!!) and 200 years old tree ( truly marvelous).



Amazing view of UB City
Inter State Fair !!!
Road to Heaven!!!
20 Million old tree fossil !!!
200 Year Old Tree, Sorry the 200 Year Old Big Tree

No comments: