Sunday, February 21, 2010

God's Own Creators


Kumartuli is the place very near to 'Shobha Bazaar', a common market with common people. But there lies a very uncommon talent in the hand of God's own Creators, the Kumartuli Artists.

I visited this place last post summer just before Durga (Goddess) worship. As I passed through the market, I had no idea what I was going to see. There was no sign board. I asked few guys where is place and interestingly every body knew about the place.

As I entered the small gallery, the world got changed, as I entered probably in god's own place. Here is the place where god themselves are being created and god own creators are spelling their magic all around.

So I took some shots and posting some of the best of them here. Next time whenever you visit Kolkata during July/Aug/Sep, Do Meet God's Own Creators.

No comments: